Date Posted: June 17, 2022
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Summary: Assist accounting team (Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Bookkeeping) in completing their tasks.
- Receive vendor invoices, attach approved POs and signed packing lists (bills of lading).
- Code source documents such as invoices and expense claims to the appropriate accounts.
- Monitor AP inbox daily for incoming e-mails.
- Respond to vendors’ and employees’ inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and update accounting records such as recording and posting transactions in journals and the GL for accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Prepare and issue invoices and follow up on late accounts in accordance with established procedures. Pay approved invoices.
- Maintain a filing system in accordance with FourQuest records management system.
- Maintain the image of FourQuest by ensuring all correspondence prepared adheres to a consistent and professional standard.
- This is an in-office, full time position
- Hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- High School Diploma.
- Post Secondary certificate in Accounting is an asset
- CGA, CMA or CA courses are an asset.
- Solid computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Word and Excel.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or admin is an asset
Job Related Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, polished appearance
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Service orientation and deductive reasoning
- Detail oriented, professionalism, multi-tasking, organization, ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential material
- Punctuality and responsibility are crucial for this position
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence and determination.
- Demonstrate high energy / activity levels.
- Drive for continuous learning.
- Self-motivated, persistent and determined.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.