Date Posted: October 30, 2023
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Position Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Accounts Payable professional to join our team as an integral part of the accounting department, reporting directly to the Accounting Manager. The role will encompass managing the accounts payable subledger, fostering strong vendor relationships, recording invoices and payments accurately, and preparing bank transfers efficiently. If you are a dedicated individual with a keen eye for accuracy, we invite you to apply and contribute to our organization’s financial success.
- Receive vendor invoices and attach approved purchase orders and signed packing lists to ensure accurate invoice verification and payment processing.
- Post all vendor invoices in the Sage50 accounting system with their appropriate coding.
- Efficiently organize, maintain, and manage accounting folders and documents.
- Update the AP subledger export with vendor comments and management approvals to determine invoices targeted for payment runs.
- Coordinate subledger review, and cost control meetings with operations.
- Review and update vendor information in database as necessary.
- Respond to vendor inquiries and coordinate with vendors regarding invoices, payments, and discrepancies.
- Prepare daily wires and transfers, weekly EFTs and payment runs.
- Monitor AP inbox for multiple entities for incoming e-mails.
- Respond to vendors’ and internal inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Reconcile vendor statements and make requests for any missing invoices.
- Complete monthly bill payments and rent payments.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Degree, diploma, or certification in accounting, finance, business, or a related field is an asset.
- 2+ Years’ experience working in an Accounting or Accounts Payable role.
- Strong computer skills – require intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with external parties and vendors both through email and phone.
- Familiarity with Sage accounting software is considered an asset.
- Experience in oil and gas, engineering, construction, or related industry is an asset.
Job Related Abilities
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze, think critically, and find solutions to challenges.
- Well-developed relationship building skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with strong proficiency in organization and task management.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and professionalism.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence, and determination.
- Drive for continuous learning.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
- Open to change, adaptable, and willing to learn new skills and responsibilities.