Field Supervisor – chemical cleaning
Date Posted: May 5, 2022
Location: Superior, Wisconsin
Salary Range: $24-$32 per hour
Job Type: Full Time, Contract
Summary: Provide chemical cleaning/ technical guidance and support to Field Technicians. Provide mentoring and coaching through on the job training and experience to increase their knowledge and abilities as well as review completed work. Ongoing contact with the client building relationships and overseeing jobs on site.
We are looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Chemical Cleaning
- Oil Flushing
- Air Blowing
- Steam Blowing
- Pipeline Pigging
- High pressure industrial cleaning
- Tank Cleaning
- Communication with client – job updates, execution, process, progress of tasks.
- Guide the field staff on the job
- Technical skills – P&ID, isometric readings, understand process of refineries and upgraders, oil & gas industry,
- Services – fluid handling, filtration, lube oil flushing, chemical cleaning (including degassing), hydro testing, pre-commissioning services (steam blowing, air blowing)
Health and Safety
- All tasks to be completed safely and effectively to FourQuest’s Behavioral Based Safety program.
- Participate in shift safety meeting.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies and practices are adhered to.
- Communicate any HSE issues or concerns to your immediate Supervisor, Coordinator or Manager and provide constructive solutions to problems.
- Responsible for leadership on larger work &/or multiple work scopes.
- Assist in the development of field procedures with Field and Project Engineers.
- Mentor Field Technicians and Supervisors to instruct them in the company’s services, values and goals.
- Provide hands on technical training as it relates to the company’s services.
- Be aware of non-standard job procedures and the process for development and execution.
- Ensure all direct reports know what is expected of them, and work with each one to ensure expectations are met. Spend at least 50% of your day actively coaching one on one to assist in their professional and personal growth to maximize their opportunities for advancement.
Equipment Set Up & Operation
- Responsible for the safety of the crews and equipment.
- Responsible to review, discuss changes or modifications with Engineers and follow and sign off job procedures, daily field tickets / estimates, client relations and completed daily paperwork.
- Prepare daily operations reports, daily FLRA’s, daily safety toolbox talks, daily reports for equipment, employees and contractors as well as any client required paperwork.
- Supervise all aspects and train other in mobilization and demobilization with required documentation.
- Supervise, document and train others on all load outs in collaboration with on call Coordinator.Supervise all rig in and rig outs.
- Instruct others on how to read and understand both P&ID’s and Isometrics.
- Understand and instruct others on the process and procedures of the job scope that is required on the assigned job as well as ensure the needed equipment is mobilized for the operation, and the crew is aware of the timing and journey management
- Ensure the proper and required trucks, equipment, materials, and supplies needed per job.
- Direct and assist Technicians in the spotting of equipment where required.
- Meet with customer to discuss and plan operations and site visits as required.
- Perform and supervise the operation of equipment.
- Record and review information about equipment operation in the Daily Operations Report to take readings and make necessary adjustments.
- Keep detailed records of flow, temperature, and pressure.
- Keep records and prepare reports about service and maintenance.
- Service, maintain and troubleshoot equipment. Perform repairs as required.
- Instruct others in reading and understanding job procedures.
- Supervise any aspect of a shift or job as required.
- Load, assemble, disassemble, and maintain equipment.
- Identify areas and instruct others where work needs to be completed i.e. spools to be removed, tie in points for the equipment
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through an assigned team of sales professionals.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Demonstrate high energy/activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
Job Related Abilities
- Good communication skills to understand concise directions.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Physical stamina and endurance required to perform repetitive tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize how tools are operating.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and with other people.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize and have solid organizational skills