Date Posted: June 13, 2019
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Summary: FourQuest Energy is currently looking for a HSE Advisor to join our team. The role will be based in Edmonton, AB and will provide support to the Operations and Engineering Group.
- Providing support and coaching to management and staff to meet Legislation and Corporate HSE Policy and Rules
- Taking a role in the development/implementation of the FQE HSEQ Management system through conducting systems audits, meeting overall FQE HSE goals and objectives to manage change, detect deficiencies within the HSE management systems by relying on experience, education and training;
- Creation and assistance in program delivery, implementation of action plans, training and communications to management/employees.
- Preparing training schedules and coordinating/delivering HSE training.
- Participating in work site inspections to identify, assess and manage workplace hazards, assist management in the process to determine and prioritize root causes of accidents through comprehensive investigations and subsequent corrective actions.
- Assisting with monthly and yearly accident statistics and the auditing process
- Satisfactory completion of audits or other evaluation processes that verify the existence and effectiveness of HSE management systems.
- Creating and implementing proactive systems that lead to prevention of losses of all sorts.
- Participate and at times lead in incident investigations.
- Follow-up of corrective / preventive actions to ensure satisfactory implementation and closure.
- Ensure licenses/certifications required for the business are at all times complete and in good standing.
- Implement HSE systems and tools to reduce the risk to employees and the company.
- Conduct orientations for new and transferred employees.
- Maintain up to date data on HSE related training for employees
- Preparation of Safety Alerts, Bulletins, and Warnings to ensure effective communication of potential hazards to front line employees.
- Assist management in the preparation and presentation of safety related materials for corporate meetings.
- Maintain the companies Certificate of Recognition (COR) by conducting internal audits
- Assist in maintaining HSE Databases (ISNETWorld, Avetta, ComplyWorks)
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in a field environment
- Completed or currently enrolled in a university level Occupational Health and Safety Program or equivalency of CRSP in progress or obtained
- Experience in an oilfield environment or setting
- Basic knowledge of legislative expectations or requirements considered in the day to day activities of the business
- Working knowledge of MS computer software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving ability
- Good Verbal and written communications
- Exceptional listening skills
- Valid Drivers License and abstract in good standing
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test