Intermediate Engineer (USA)
Date Posted: March 2, 2020
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Number of Positions: 1
Summary: Be a lead on projects and function as a technical liaison between Operations and the client. The job scope includes the engineering and development of procedures based on client requests, and completion of the job. Develop plans and suggest procedural changes to clients and project manager.
- Developing, cleaning, flushing, testing and other specialized procedures.
- Solve problems involving momentum, mass and energy transport, flow of fluids in piping, fluid mixing and fluids compressibility using the principles / technology of chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering and related physical /natural sciences.
- Perform engineering calculations such as cleaning force ratio or compressible and non-compressible flow, fluid velocity, volume and mass flow rates, reaction force, heat and mass transfer.
- Development of non-standard service procedures.
- Discuss procedures, process and requirements with client to develop plan for cleaning and make recommendations to client in terms of the process and procedures.
- Liaise between operations and clients on site.
- Manage procedure execution, equipment and manpower in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Supervise execution of procedures on site to ensure Operations meets client needs.
- Review and approve procedures and procedural changes by Field Engineers.
- Provide assessments of requests for bids. Develop methodology and determine job equipment, materials and manpower requirements to execute the job.
- Research and coordinate equipment and materials from vendors as required.
- Liaise with Operations, Sales and Proposals in the preparation of the RFQ.
- Attend sales meetings and present to client.
- University degree in Engineering Sciences (Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum).
- 5+ years’ experience in Oil and Gas field service related to FourQuest Energy’s service lines.
- 3+ years’ experience in commissioning, Pre-commissioning &/or start up experience.
- Eligible for PE.
- Working on client sites approximately 50% of the time. Due to the nature of work, requires a flexible schedule to travel depending on client needs.
Job Related Abilities
- Customer focus and relationship building skills in order to provide excellent service to the client.
- Good verbal communication skills to understand and give clear, concise directions.
- Well-developed written communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize with solid organizational skills
- Physical stamina and endurance required to perform repetitive tasks.
- Solid critical thinking, analytical and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through an assigned team of sales professionals.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Demonstrate high energy / activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.