PIPELINE Field Engineer
Date Posted: July 19, 2023
Location: Edmonton, Alberta (Various Location)
Summary: Acting as an advisor, provide technical support to on site operations, write procedures for job scope execution and assist in the creation of bid packages with a focus on pipeline projects including but not limited to hydrotesting, pigging, purging, decommissioning, displacements and drying.
- Extensive experience developing, cleaning, flushing, testing and other engineered procedures.
- Solve problems involving momentum, mass and energy transport, flow of fluids in piping, fluid mixing and fluids compressibility using the principles / technology of chemistry, physics, mathematics, engineering and related physical / natural sciences.
- Substantial experience working with process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), isometrics and 3D models (such as Smart Plant and Navisworks)
- Perform engineering calculations such as cleaning force ratio for compressible and non compressible flow, fluid velocity, volume and mass flow rates, reaction force, heat and mass transfer.
- Facilitate pipeline cleaning and testing execution working with operations to manage projects, provide technical feedback, stamp, and sign off on completion documents such as PV plots for hydrotesting
- Provide initial assessment of requests for bids designing first pass job methodology for generation of proposals relating to equipment, pigs, chemistry and durations to field staff during job execution. Liaise with Operations, Sales and Proposals in the preparation of the RFQ.
- Provide onsite procedure revisions including but not limited to marking P&ID’s, creating valve alignment sheets recalculating mass flows, velocities or heat loss due to job modifications.
- Assist Operations with hands on tasks to learn the equipment, procedures, and business.
- Actively participate in all FourQuest Health & Safety policies and practices
- Degree in Engineering Sciences (Chemical, Mechanical or Petroleum).
- Eligible for P.Eng or EIT.
- 5+ years field experience in Energy, Oil & Gas, Engineering Services related to FourQuest Energy’s services lines is preferred.
- Working on client sites approximately 75% of the time. Due to the nature of work, requires a flexible schedule to travel depending on client needs.
Job Related Abilities
- Provide onsite procedure revision including marking P&ID’s, creating valve alignment sheets, recalculating mass flows, velocities or heat loss due to job modifications.
- Assist Operations with hands on tasks in order to learn the equipment, procedures and business.
- Provide initial assessment of requests for bids involving calculating system volumes, lengths, equipment requirements and basic job methodology.
- Liaise with Operations, Sales and Proposals in the preparation of the RFQ.
- Actively participate in all FourQuest Health & Safety policies and practices.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence and determination.
- Demonstrate high energy / activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.