Pressure and Vacuum Operators
Date Posted: February 24, 2021
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Fort McMurray, Alberta
Summary: Perform maintenance activities at client locations. Perform a variety of equipment operations tasks, high-pressure work, manual cleaning, waste site removal, loading/unloading trucks.
- Provide quality service to client with the ability to build on the established relationships.
- Operate and maintain vacuum trucks, water trucks, high-pressure water equipment, chemical cleaning units and various specialty tools.
- Assist in preparing trucks, equipment, materials and supplies needed per job.
- Complete pre and post trip inspections on vehicles.
- Transport chemicals in a safe and efficient manner.
- Load and unload chemicals or chemical applications/cleanings (caustics, acid, flammable).
- Control and monitor equipment, instruments and computer operated systems.
- Keep records and prepare reports about service operations. I.E. vehicle logs, driver logs, hours of service logs, etc…
- Service, maintain and troubleshoot equipment to FourQuest Standards, and perform minor repairs as required.
- Provide guidance to swampers and labourers as required.
Job Related Abilities
- Good communication skills to understand concise directions.
- Physical stamina and endurance required to perform repetitive tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize how tools are operating.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and with other people.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and have solid organizational skills.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence, and determination.
- Demonstrate high energy/activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
- Field – Rotational shift work – typically 15 in/6 out with 12 hour days.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment.
- Follow technical guidelines and procedures as specified by FourQuest Energy &/or client.
- Make minimal decisions with the support/guidance from leaders.
- Decisions primarily affect yourself and those in the field, especially for Health & Safety.
- 1 year operating a vacuum or high-pressure unit.
- Other service rig, drilling or oil and gas experience will be considered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- WHMIS, TDG, and First Aid, H2S and Cryogenic Safety Certifications.
- A general understanding of FourQuest Energy service lines.
- Class 5 license.
- Class 1 &/or 3 driver license with off road experience and mechanical aptitude.
- PST or CSTS.