SITE HSE Advisor
Date Posted: April 26, 2022
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Summary: The role of QHSE is a hands-on role, we are looking for someone who is equally comfortable leading in the field, liaising with clients and promoting safety and performing administrative QHSE duties. This position has sole responsibility for QHSE across FourQuest Energy and would suit someone who is looking for variety in their role.
- Provide overall direction of FourQuest Energy HSE Program in Canada to ensure that all department leadership have the ability to properly implement and maintain a proactive safety culture.
- Provide support to Sales and Proposals, Operations and Engineering to review bids and provide HSE documentation and resources to meet these requirements.
- Manage HSE pre-qualification websites such as ISNetworld, CanQual, ComplyWorks and PICS..
- Review and investigate all workplace incident / injury reports and ensure compliance for reporting to legislative agencies.
- Work with Operations to ensure safe equipment and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
- Ensure adequate provision of emergency procedures, first aid facilities, safety signs and relevant PPE.
- Ensure prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks.
- Identify trends and the need for new or modified safe work practices, polices, procedures, or programs. Identify and implement corrective actions as required.
- Develop and maintain HSE performance data and reporting related to training, incidents, WCB, near misses, COR, and other safety statistics.
- Provide training, leadership, mentorship, systems and controls to meet FourQuest goal of zero incidents.
- Work with front line supervisors, managers to educate them on safety responsibilities and develop their skills in this area.
- Partner with internal and external trainers to conduct training programs / seminars to ensure this meets C.O.R. requirements, internal technical skill requirements and behavioural based safety requirements.
Policy and Legislation
- Act as a resource on all HSE programs, acts and regulations.
- Monitor compliance, periodically performing audits on company practices.
- Work with department managers to write safety procedures for compliance with industry and provincial legislation.
- Liaise with WCB on all claims, including appeals.
- Work with Human Resources to manage disability cases.
- Work with department managers and Human Resources to manage modified and return to work plans.
Quality & Training Development
- Assist and independently develop new technical and support training courses for the organization. (course outlines, background material, instructional materials, and training aids).
- Evaluate and offer constructive suggestions for the improvement of current training materials.
- Offer comment and ideas for new and innovative training courses.
- Actively research new and up to date training methods, tools and media.
- Ensure content quality and consistency throughout all training media.
- Continually strive to enhance instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Assist in the review and development of the ISO quality management system
- Assist in the creation of new work instructions, form and documents as required to develop and improve the quality system
- Assist in the development and execution of annual HSE plan and budget. Participate in special projects related to HSE objectives and best practices.
- Work closely with the company’s management staff in setting, executing and monitoring company’s business goals and policies.
- Ensure adherence to FourQuest’s Quality Management Systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.
- Must have 2-5 years of experience in a field environment
- Professional designation NCSO &/or CRSP
- Experience in an oilfield environment or setting
- Basic knowledge of legislative expectations or requirements considered in the day to day activities of the business
- Working knowledge of MS computer software including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to coordinate required tasks on own initiative
- Team player with positive attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills and problem solving ability
- Good Verbal and written communications
- Exceptional listening skills
- Valid Drivers License and abstract in good standing
- Successful completion of a pre-employment Medical, Drug & Alcohol test