SITE HSE LEAD
Date Posted: July 22, 2022
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
- Provide on site leadership for all of FourQuest Energy’s projects in Canada to implement and maintain a proactive safety culture.
- Review and investigate all workplace incident / injury reports and ensure compliance for reporting to legislative agencies.
- Work with Operations to ensure safe equipment and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
- Ensure adequate provision of emergency procedures, first aid facilities, safety signs and relevant PPE.
- Ensure prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks
- Attend on-site pre-job safety meetings.
- Evaluate safe work plans and all safe work practices providing coaching as required.
- Facilitate the development of Action Plans for corrective measures implementation and any deficiencies found with assigned accountabilities and timelines for completion.
- Ensuring daily safety documentation is completed and tracked.
- Investigate and communicate all near misses, injuries and incidents.
- Perform weekly safety meetings and daily toolbox meetings with all employees
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence and determination.
- Demonstrate high energy / activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
Position Related Abilities
- Good communication skills to understand and give concise directions.
- Establish collaborative working relationships by actively looking for ways to train and help people.
- Good analytical and decision making skills – analyse demands and provide workable solutions.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Solid organizational skills coupled with a keen eye to detail.
- Ability to work alone as well as guiding other people.
- Ability to multi task and the ability to deal with competing demands.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- 3+ Experience in Site based HSE in an industrial environment (energy, oil & gas)
- Designation Required Professional designation NCSO &/or CRSP
- PST or CSTS Required Petroleum Safety Training or Construction Safety Training System
- First Aid Required Basic First Aid, Advanced First Aid is an asset
- WHMIS Required Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- H2S Required Hydrogen Sulfide Awareness