Field TechnicianS – Pre-commissioning
Date Posted: February 10, 2022
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Number of Positions: Many
4-6 month contracts available
Flights and accommodation will be provided for successfully qualified candidates
Summary: Assist Field Supervisors and Field Engineers in completing pre-commissioning and maintenance activities at client locations. Provide support at the field level for upstream and downstream services.
- All tasks to be completed safely and effectively to FourQuest’s Behavioral Based Safety program.
- Participate in the beginning of shift tool box meetings.
- Participate in and review Field Level Risk Assessment (FLRA’s).
- Responsible that all safety legislation is adhered to and actively participate in all FourQuest Health & Safety policies and practices.
- Assist in performing of basic operation of equipment under Supervision.
- Assist in preparing trucks, equipment, materials and supplies needed per job.
- Assist other Technicians in the use of spotting equipment where required.
- Assist in performing basic operation of equipment. E. air blow spread, flushing skids, nitrogen pumper and bulker and filtration, etc…
- Assist in keeping detailed records of flow, temperature and pressure.
- Assist in controlling, monitoring and measuring equipment, instruments and computer operated systems.
- Assist in monitoring instrumentation that provides information about product levels in tanks and the flow rates, pressures, volumes, densities and temperatures.
- Assist in monitoring control panels and operating equipment controls.
- Keep records and prepare reports about service operations. I.E. vehicle logs, driver logs, hours of service logs, etc…
- Under supervision, service, maintain and troubleshoot equipment. Perform minor repairs as required.
- Deliver equipment and materials to job sites.
- Assist in equipment set up.
- Under supervision, load, assemble, disassemble and maintain equipment
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through an assigned team of sales professionals.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, persistent and determined.
- Demonstrate high energy/activity levels.
- Drive for business results and continuous learning.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
Job Related Abilities
- Good communication skills to understand concise directions.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Physical stamina and endurance required to perform repetitive tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize how tools are operating.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and with other people.
- Ability to multi task and prioritize and have solid organizational skills
- +2 years in a Field Technician position within a similar industry (industrial cleaning, shutdown/ turnaround/ pre commissioning/ nitrogen services)
- High School Diploma
Certifications – FourQuest Energy are proud to provide support in gaining or updating your oilfield tickets
- Class 5 Drivers licence is required
- Class 3/1 Drivers licence would be considered an asset
- Required oilfield tickets include WHMIS, TDG, H2S Alive and First Aid.
- Confined space would be considered an asset- CS bonus available!