Date Posted: October 30, 2023
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Summary: Reporting to the Controller, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of our financial operations across the group. Your responsibilities will encompass a range of day-to-day general accounting tasks, including the preparation of month-end working papers, financial statements, financial reports, and related filings. To excel in this role, you must possess a high attention to detail, exceptional time management skills, and a dedication to maintaining financial integrity.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and revaluations for foreign exchange.
- Prepare month end working papers, journal entries and adjustments related to debt, capital assets, cost accruals and balance sheet accounts to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close.
- Reconcile subledgers to the General Ledger, identify and investigate discrepancies.
- Generate and monitor financial reports relating to accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Ensure proper filing of all monthly, quarterly and annual withholding and other relevant taxes and remittances.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Provide support for annual audit preparation and tax filing.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly Financial Statements and Margin reports.
- Provide financial analysis and reports as required to management to drive improved decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required.
- Accounting designation (or working towards) – CPA, CA, CGA, CMA is considered an asset.
- 2+ Years’ experience working in accounting role in public practice or industry.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Proficiency in English.
- Experience in oil and gas, engineering, construction, or related industry is an asset.
- Familiarity with Sage50 and proficiency in Microsoft Office is considered an asset.
- Preferred experience in multi-company, group accounting with foreign currency transactions.
Job Related Abilities
- Ability to problem-solve, analyze, think critically, and find solutions to challenges.
- Well-developed relationship building skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with strong proficiency in organization and task management.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills and professionalism.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and honesty.
- Goal oriented to achieve targets through self-motivation, persistence, and determination.
- Drive for continuous learning.
- Foster team spirit by working collaboratively with others.
- Open to change, adaptable, and willing to learn new skills and responsibilities.