What is Behaviour-Based Safety?
Behaviour-Based Safety is a process designed to improve safety performance by changing the way individuals think and behave toward safety at all levels of the organization. Behaviour-Based Safety focuses on what people do, analyzes why they do it, and then applies a research supported intervention strategy to improve people’s behaviours.
Behaviour-Based Safety is not a quick fix; it is a commitment. Management commitment has been instrumental in the success of our Behaviour-Based Safety program. Our program is designed to prevent injuries to all employees by developing and raising safety awareness.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We strive to improve our employees’ knowledge, skills, and desire to work safely, which results in the continuous improvement to our safety performance.
FourQuest Energy’s Behaviour-Based Safety program is centred on the following core safety principles:
- Preventing injuries and illnesses contributes to the success of our business
- All occupational injuries and illnesses can be prevented
- All operating exposures can be reasonably safeguarded
- Management has a responsibility to train all employees on how to work safely
- Working safely is a condition of employment
- Safety is everyone’s responsibility
Improving and maintaining FourQuest Energy’s safety culture requires consistency and the reinforcement of desired behaviours.